Thursday, August 6, 2009

Softball

(By Janie)
I'm sure I'm not doing this blog in a very good format, etc. So...just to confuse and keep you on your toes, I have added to some of the past posts, so don't just assume you have read or seen it all.... :)

Well I figured I'd tell a little about Mer and how the softball is going. (Since that's really why we are here.)
Monday, August 3rd was Enterprise's first game. We played against Alaska. Our girls played really well defensively and there were many awesome plays. (Mer threw a ball from center field to the 2nd baseman for an out!) We had some good hits too. We were tied at 4 at the end of 6 innings, so we went into the 7th inning. It was SO close, but Alaska was able to score with their last ups and the game ended with Alaska 5 and Utah 4.
Tuesday, August 4th, we played Oregon. They scored quite quickly on us and were leading 9 to 1 at the bottom of the 6th inning. Their pitcher(s) were not pitching strikes and so we were able to walk/hit in 6 runs. Not quite enough though as once again, we came out on the bottom. It was a nail biter - I had to stand up and pace. The final score was: Oregon 9 and Utah 6.
Thursday, August 6th we played Northern California. I guess we need 7 or 8 innings in a ball game. It seems we settle down and wear them out in the last innings. Once again, they scored quite quickly, and then we were able to hold them pretty well. We gradually were able to score 4 runs, but it never caught their 6. Mer had an awesome play again from center field. She threw it from center to the pitcher who then threw it to home in time to tag a girl who thought she would make it! fun. fun. Anyway, the final score was Northern Cal 9/Utah 6. We are competing well, but it just isn't coming all together. Just a few too many errors.


1 comment:

  1. Gotta feel good about playing the winner (Alaska) and the runner up (N.Cal) so closely! Sounds like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete